Changing out a boring, or downright ugly, bathroom mirror with something interesting is such an easy thing to do, yet “new mirror” is something that keeps getting added to the new “to do” list and always lands somewhere after #10. It’s obvious when they need updating, especially if you’ve landed a home with that sweet flat piece of enormous mirror mounted to the entire wall above the sink. You can look online at places like Bellacor, Wayfair, Pottery Barn, etc – but why not create an excuse to go to an Antique mall or thrift shop and start looking for a mirror that’s unusual and maybe even fun? You’ll probably pay the same amount as you would at a retail store (unless you get really lucky at a Thrift Store or Garage Sale) but that’s not the point.
Take a look at these 6 bathroom styles that are really rocking the vintage mirror and then have fun shopping!
- Rustic with Refined: A stark style contrast that adds some tension and interest to a room.
2. A Feminine Touch: A lot of the vintage and antique mirrors have very feminine curves – use them to soften cool colors and minimal finishes. A minimalist’s bathroom can be even more stunning with one of these mirrors!
3. Dresser Mirrors: This can give your bathroom a touch of country style with a type of mirror that is fairly easy to find at thrift stores and garage sales.
4. Frameless vintage mirrors: These seem to be getting harder to find in local antique and thrift shops, but there are some really pretty ones on Ebay right now for great prices. They are perfect for a small bathroom where you might not want to add another finish to it!
5. A picture frame mirror: Maybe you find a gorgeous antique picture frame but with no mirror? Just have some mirror cut and added to it – you can add a bevel, add a little vintage distressing, etc. It will add some charm and style and you’ll feel proud that you put it all together yourself (even if you paid others to do it for you, hey, you did the driving and made the phone calls)! Glass and Mirror places are great sources for things like this.
6. A pair of vintage mirrors: Matching antique mirrors can be a rare find these days – if you own a pair it might even be worth giving your bathroom a makeover just for them!
If you have any good vintage mirror finds – please share – I’d love to see them!
It was a toss up between Justin Timberlake’s “Mirrors” or Lil Wayne’s “Mirror” ft. Bruno Mars – both are kind of terrible (sorry boys); I had to go with Lil Wayne here: